AR Team Lead
PhyNet Dermatology has an IMMEDIATE NEED for the top AR Team Leads to join our team! If that’s you, we invite you to apply to today! The Billing Specialist I is responsible for all aspects of insurance follow up and collections, including making telephone calls and accessing payer websites.
- Communicates deadlines to Billing staff.
- Ensure staff complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner and that they have the resources and tools to perform their jobs. Advise management immediately if they do not.
- Assists in areas of needs as assigned by management.
- Coordinates with manager/director to prioritize assignments based on current issues and business needs.
- Promotes teamwork, remaining available to assist staff as needed.
- Lead a team of billing specialist and coach to do AR follow up. Guide team to reduce AR ageing and optimize collections.
- Manage day-to-day activities with the team.
- Manage 1st level escalations.
- Perform quality check on the A/R follow-up or EOB denial analysis work done by the billing team.
- Monitoring and managing workflow and assignments to staff.
- Tracking and maintaining metrics for a variety of data includes attendance, productivity, etc.
- Develop processes to improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Mentor billing team. Supervise and train staff or new trainees and encourage good A/R follow up skills and work ethic.
- Work with managers to resolve any personnel problems or conflicts that may arise in the team.
- In addition to administrative responsibilities, the Team leader may be expected to perform follow-up work as well depending upon the requirement.
- Identify trends within the portfolio to aid collections and improve the productivity.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Able to multi-task multiple responsibilities at one time
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Punctual and time-sensitive
- Target oriented and AR resolution mind set
- Team player
- Strong analytical background
- Strong knowledge of Health Care Accounts Receivable
- Keen eye for process and quality improvement
- Revenue Cycle A/R follow-up (2 years)
- Physician billing experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills