Bilingual Patient Services Representative-Call Center
Patient Services Representative – Call Center
***Must be able to speak English/Spanish**
We are currently seeking a Patient Services Representative to join our team and provide support to our dermatologists and patients. Our practice offers a warm and friendly environment where patients feel comfortable at their visit, and we are looking for someone who shares our values and commitment to excellence. In addition to a supportive work environment, this role comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, visual, and dental insurance, as well as paid time off, sick days, personal days, and holidays. We believe in investing in our employees and offering them the resources they need in order to be successful in their roles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Answers incoming calls, addressing patients’ scheduling needs or triaging, routing and escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Maintains an understanding of services/scheduling preferences for all providers at their assigned primary and secondary practices.
- Provide feedback and assistance to collaborate with other team members or leadership to improve processes, procedures, new practice implementations and subsequent training and documentation.
- Complete assigned learning and actively participate in learning sessions or round table discussions.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 0-1-year customer services experience in a call center, healthcare or retail environment.
Technology Applications: Computer savvy with ability to navigate between multiple systems simultaneously. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or fell objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or medical clinic environment.