Bilingual-Patient Services Representative I – Call Center
The Patient Services Representative I-Call Center is responsible for patient registration, scheduling and triaging clinical calls for multiple practices and facilities.
*Must be able to speak English/Spanish*
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Answers incoming calls, addressing patients’ scheduling needs or triaging, routing and escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Maintains an understanding of services/scheduling preferences for all providers at their assigned primary and secondary practices.
- Provide feedback and assistance to collaborate with other team members or leadership to improve processes, procedures, new practice implementations and subsequent training and documentation.
- Complete assigned learning and actively participate in learning sessions or round table discussions.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Customer Focus: Position serves both internal and external customers.
Scope of Responsibility: Customer Experience
SUPERVISORY SKILLS: Not responsible for supervising employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 0-3-year customer services experience in a call center, healthcare or retail environment.
Certifications & Licenses: NA
- Open to Change
- Excellent Customer Service
- Goal driven
- Ability to manage challenging situations
- Organized with moderate supervision
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
Technology Applications: Computer savvy with ability to navigate between multiple systems simultaneously. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or fell objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or medical clinic environment.
Minimum, overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.