Dermatology Medical Assistant I – Exeter, NH
Northeast Dermatology Associates is thriving and innovative medical practice that provides exceptional care to patients in our local community. We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join our team and provide support to our dermatologists and patients. Our practice offers a warm and friendly environment where patients feel comfortable at their visit, and we are looking for someone who shares our values and commitment to excellence. In addition to a supportive work environment, this role comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, visual, and dental insurance, as well as paid time off, sick days, personal days, and holidays. We believe in investing in our employees and offering them the resources they need in order to be successful in their roles.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing medical assistance to dermatology providers, including rooming patients, updating all components of the patient’s medical history, documenting reason for visit and history of present illness. Assists the provider with office procedures including, but not limited to, biopsies, surgeries and treatments for various skin conditions.
Shift/Schedule: Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
**This position is based out of our Exeter, NH clinic; however, the individual selected must be able/willing to accompany our providers to additional locations within a 20 mile radius (Portsmouth, Dover, & York, ME)**
Compensation: $20 – $24 x hr (based on experience) plus comprehensive benefits package
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Works as part of a team to see a patient volume of an average of up to 40 patients per day.
- Basic scribing responsibilities.
- Takes and documents patient HPI.
- Updates all patient medical/surgical/family history, medications and allergies
- Preps and assists numerous surgical procedures such as ED&Cs, shave/punch biopsies, ILK, I&D and others.
- Preps and assists numerous cosmetic procedures such as Botox, lasers, and others.
- Preps and assists with excisions or other surgical procedures as needed.
- Demonstrates strict sterile techniques.
- Numbs treatment areas as directed.
- Removes sutures as needed.
- Logs pathology and transmits pathology orders to appropriate lab.
- Inputs templates and scribes chart notes as required by physician.
- Processes RX refills and submits prior authorizations.
- Operates Narrowband and photodynamic therapy units.
- Fills liquid nitrogen containers for daily use.
- Cleans and stocks patient examination rooms and supply areas.
- Follows infection control practices.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Preferred Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of previous MA experience
- 1 yr SCRIBING experience required
- Current vaccinations
- CMA certification a plus!
- Dermatology experience preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications
- Gap Year Medical / Nursing Students encouraged to apply!
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or fell objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 25 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or medical clinic environment.